Six great reasons to visit Kent and Sussex this December
Published: Thursday 5th Dec 2013
Written by: Carol Attwell
Six great reasons to visit Kent and Sussex this December….
We have so much to offer throughout our counties starting this weekend. Let’s really get you into the Christmas spirit, why not come along and see what we offer. In fact why not make the most of it and spend a few days here, Freedom Holiday Homes has some fantastic Kent Cottages available.
- Late Night shopping in Tenterden Friday 6th December 2013. Between 2pm and 9pm Enjoy Free parking. Specialist food and craft stalls. Fun Fair rides for the little ones. Enjoy the fabulous Christmas Lights and keep warm by sipping our mulled wine and mince pies.
- Christmas Elf Trail in Rye on Saturday 7th December 2014. Adults and children can join in the Rye Elves’ Trail and follow it around Rye to discover some sweet treats on the way. Fun for all the family!
- Christmas tree Festival Smarden Friday 6th December to Sunday 8th December 2013. This is a biannual festival whereby all village organisations, clubs, societies and individuals can decorate a tree with a theme and contribute to the festival. The three day event takes place in St Michael’s Church from December 6-8 from 11am-6pm each day. There will be refreshments, Christmas crafts and a food stall. Visitors can vote for their favourite tree.
- Free Tours and Wine Tasting at Hush Heath Winery Staplehurst. First 2 weekends in December. This is the first time that Hush Heath Winery has opened for two special weekends in December where you can buy our exclusive range of Christmas gifts whilst enjoying festive samples of all Hush Heath’s still and sparkling wines together with our new release still and sparkling ciders.
- Husky Sleigh Rides at Leeds Castle starting 7th December continuing throughout the month. Children will love our new husky sleigh rides this Christmas. There will also be an opportunity to "'hug a husky’ and have your photo taken.
- Freedom Holiday Homes Cranbrook . Come and visit the lovely town of Cranbrook and admire our Festive Christmas Window and enjoy the wonderful shops and eateries in the town