The Recipe of Love!
Published: Monday 03rd Feb 2014
Written by: Carol Attwell
Salmon with Strawberry Sauce
Strawberries were cultivated by the Romans as early as 200 BC. In medieval times they were regarded as an aphrodisiac and a soup of strawberries, borage and soured cream was traditionally served to newly weds at their wedding breakfast.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 4 salmon steaks
- 2tsp chopped tarragon
- 250g fresh strawberries, hulled
- 120ml champagne or Kentish sparkling wine
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp strawberry or white wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- Grill the salmon steaks
- Chop the strawberries in half if they are large and cook them with the tarragon, sparkling wine and sugar until they just begin to soften
- Blend to a puree then add the vinegar and season to taste
- Serve hot or cold. Hot with pasta ribbons and cold on a bed of leaves
Rather than champagne, why not try one of Kent’s finest sparkling rose wines. From Marden there is the Herbert Hall Brut Rose or from The Chapel Down Winery near Tenterden, Rose Brut – Gold Medal winner at the Decanter World Wine Awards 2013 or finally from The Hush Heath Winery, Tonbridge – the Balfour Brut Rose! So many fantastic choices – how does one decide! How about, one for the salmon, one for you and one for your partner!
Operations & Guest Services
Kent & Sussex Holiday Cottages - Gorgeous Cottages in Great Locations